MapGuide Open Source Getting Started Resources
Submitted by amorsell on Wed, 2009-09-02 23:54.
This page is intended to summarize the various Getting Started resources available to new MapGuide Open Source users.
Getting Started GuideWhen first starting out with MapGuide Open Source, please start with this guide: Getting Started Guide
MapGuide Open Source Discussion List Posting Guidelines
- 1) If you have a question, don't just ask - research it first on http://www.nabble.com search and include MapGuide. At least 40% of the questions asked here have been asked before.
- 2) When you post a question about an error - always include the error!
- 3) Include your OS, Web Server, which API you are using if applicable
- 4) Be specific about the type of data involved and which provider you are using
Helpful Internal Links
Helpful External Links
- The Map Guy(de)A blog dedicated to all things MapGuide and FDO. Created by Jackie Ng.
- MapGuide Central A great "go to" page for all things MapGuide Open Source. Created by community member Zac Spitzer.
- Random Nodes Blog Miscellaneous topics about MapGuide that might be helpful or interesting. Created by community member Jason Birch.
- MapGuide Best Practices Wiki Created and maintained by Autodesk, this page is a work in progress.
- MapGuide Enterprise Demo Sites A very good page for MapGuide Enterprise demonstration and concept sites. Most of the ideas are applicable to MapGuide Open Source as well.
- MapGuide Notes Miscellaneous MapGuide notes from community member Jeffery Jensen.
- Geospecialling Blog Miscellaneous MapGuide notes from community member Darrin Maidlow.
Miscellaneous Technical Links
- IIS7 Installation Installing MGOS on Vista or Server 2008 IIS7
- Another IIS7 Installation Page Installing MGOS on Vista or Server 2008 IIS7 but with some images and notes on 64 bit installation. From Darin Maidlows blog.
- MGCooker Tile Seeding Notes from Jason Birch on using MapGuide Maestro's MGCooker to pre-populate base layer tiles.
- Advanced Stylization Technical Page A page on the MapGuide Wiki that compiles some of the various resources available for using Advanced Stylization.
- MapGuide 2.1 GDAL Provider Configuration Tips A page on the MapGuide Wiki that compiles some of the various resources available for configuring the GDAL raster provider with MapGuide Open Source 2.1